About Villa Algernon Villa in
The privately-owned villa Algernon in Crete, which is classified as a historical monument by the Greek Archaeological authorities, has a magnificent sea-view, and is situated on a hillside just 6 km from Rethymnon, in the historic village of Maroulas. The village has been classified as a ‘heritage’ site. An outstanding location with a magnificent sea view, providing peace and tranquility for all.
Most of the buildings date back to at least the Venetian era.
It is a living, breathing community! The village has three taverns, a cheese factory and an herbs shop. In a walking distance, guests can also easily find around plenty of possibilities for meals.
There is a bus connection to Rethymnon, twice a day. It is just 3km (1, 8 mile) from some of the best beaches on the North Coast of the island.
Our recently restored 540 m2 (5812 sqft) villa, with high ceiling up to 3, 6 m and a very luminous glass wall, can accommodate up to twelve people with its 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It is ideally located for excursions and welcomes domestic pets. You can park your car in front of the house.
The recent renovation of the building has shown great respect for the original character of the building but has also incorporated all the modern facilities one would expect to find in an exclusive ‘home away from home’.
Our villa has two wings. The first wing of the villa is a two-storeyed building which was once part of a larger farmhouse. It has all the architectural characteristics of the Venetian era. The second wing of the villa is a one-storeyed building that used to be an olive press, originally constructed during the period of Turkish rule.
The two wings of the villa connect via a modern covered walkway designed by the internationally renowned architect Yiannis Kalitsounas – who has created a fusion of light, glass and space, bringing different times and cultures together.
Ground floor:- Open-plan living room, dining area- Kitchen fully equipped- Children’s play space- Direct access to swimming pool- Bedroom 1: king size bed with independent entrance, en-suite bathroom with bath, toilet and hair dryer- Bedroom 5: king size bed, shower and toilet1st Floor:- Bedroom 2: a queen bed, and en-suite bathroom with a bath, toilet, sea view.- Bedroom 3: small double bed- Bedroom 4: have 2 single beds, double bed separate by a fix wardrobe (quadruple).- Bedrooms 3 & 4 share bathroom –bath, a toilet and a hair dryerOutdoors:- Private heated (on option) swimming pool- Smaller courtyard with hot tub- Roof terrace of 140sqm (1506 sqft)- Superb view of the village, the sea and the surrounding countryside- Parking
– Please bring proof of identification
– Passport required for non-residents
– Children are welcome
– All bookings are final, non-refundable.
– Some homes allow events, ask.
For reservations more than 60 days prior to check-in:
– Down payment 40% of the total amount upon reservation.
– Balance 60% of the amount 60 days prior to arrival.
– Security deposit 500€ of the total amount required 2 weeks prior to check-in with a wire transfer or with credit card pre-authorization or in cash upon arrival.
For reservations less than 60 days prior to check-in:
– Down payment 100% of the total amount upon reservation.
– Security deposit 500 € of the total amount required 2 weeks prior to check-in with a wire transfer or with credit card pre-authorization or in cash upon arrival
– We provide you with house linen, bath towels, towels for swimming pool
– Breakfast for the first morning
– Laundry service is included (except iron)
– Daily domestic cleaning service at your convenient hours, 6 days per week
– Central heating for the winter, water, mineral water, electricity, 24/7 ADSL internet connection, WIFI, air conditioning
NOT INCLUDED: Heated swimming pool Beach towels, tablets for dishwasher, caps for espresso machine, wine from the cellar, personal products (shampoo …)